Vale extends settlement talks over mining disaster for 15 days

On January 25, 2019, the Córrego do Feijão dam near the town of Brumadinho collapsed, releasing 9.7 million cubic meters of waste. Image courtesy of Earthworks.
Brazilian iron ore miner Vale said on Friday that it had extended talks with the Minas Gerais state government for 15 days, giving the two parties more time to reach a settlement over the 2019 Brumadinho disaster that killed some 270 people.
(By Roberto Samora)
More News
Gold equities going under investors’ radar as metal continues to rise: Peter Schiff
One factor behind the undervaluation of gold mining stocks today is the inflation pressure from last year, says the gold bull.
April 03, 2025 | 02:50 pm
Kazakhstan says it has discovered 20 million ton rare earth metals deposit
If confirmed, the deposit would place Kazakhstan behind only China and Brazil by size of reserves.
April 03, 2025 | 01:40 pm
{{ commodity.name }}
{{ post.title }}
{{ post.excerpt }}
{{ post.date }}
Comments