Eight mining workers killed in Afghan bomb blast

A bomb blast in Afghanistan has killed eight mining workers, the Associated Press reports.
The roadside bomb struck a vehicle carrying employees of a private chromite mining company in the country’s Parwan province.
Abdul Basir Salangi, Parwan province leader, told the AP that the Taliban was to blame. The group has previously targeted mine workers and other development projects in Afghanistan.
Earlier this week insurgents killed 12 Afghan civilians – many of them had been working on rural infrastructure projects in the country.
Afghanistan has vast resource wealth; according to the US government about $1 trillion worth of minerals, including copper, gold, iron ore and rare earths deposits.
Creative Commons image by: The U.S. Army
More News
China hits back at US tariffs with rare earth export controls
China placed export restrictions on key rare earth elements on Friday as part of its sweeping response to President Donald Trump's tariffs.
April 04, 2025 | 07:09 am
Mining consolidation to speed up as Chinese demand growth slows
However, full-scale mergers and acquisitions activity among diversified miners could be hampered for now, investors said at a CESCO event this week.
April 03, 2025 | 03:08 pm
{{ commodity.name }}
{{ post.title }}
{{ post.excerpt }}
{{ post.date }}
Comments